At I.G.S. we ARE your single supplier. We are a full service machine shop that tailors to our customer’s needs. We can apply a variety of precision processes, individually or in combination, to any glass substrate. Most fabrication requirements are unique in their own way when certain transmissions, sizes, edges, polishing, and bubble specifications are called out. Give us a call today and speak to one of our experienced engineers to answer any questions you may have.
Below is a list of services, but not limited, that we offer our customers
- Chemical strengthening uses molten salt baths to promote an ion exchange that produces compressive stresses at the surface of glasses with high sodium oxide content, such as soda lime and borofloat glasses. Compressive stresses as high as 43,500psi (300 MPa) in soda lime glass and 14,500psi (100 MPa) in borofloat glass are produced in a ~20um layer at the glass surface. Chemical strengthening is often used in applications not well suited for tempering and is especially useful for glass sheet less than 3mm thick, where flatness is a critical characteristic.
- With the investment of multiple cutting tables, I.G.S. dedicates each table to a particular job from start to finish to ensure both accuracy and quality. With our state of the art precision scribing machine, I.G.S. can fabricate per customer blueprint specifications. (Squares, Rectangles, Ovals, Odd Shapes).
- I.G.S. offers a wide array of precision flat glass polishing capabilities on a variety of substrates. These substrates typically include, but not limited to: Pyrex, Quartz/Fused Silica, Silicate, Optical Glass and Color Filters.
- I.G.S. offers computer assisted machining for high precision close tolerance requirements. This allows us to slice, ground and bevel with accurate precision.
- I.G.S. deems our Quality Assurance Department as a key factor into the companies success. Utilizing state of the art equipment aids in the deliverance of excellence that is synonymous with the name “I.G.S.” Our extensive inspection facility consists of: interferometers, spectrometers, comparator and more!